Lee Hangyul, a member of the duo H&D
Lee Hangyul is a South Korean singer under MBK Entertainment. He debuted as a member of the group IM in 2017, but since no official news has been updated, it is assumed that the group has disbanded and the boys have gone their own way. Hangyul then joined some survival shows, like The Unit and Produce X 101. He ranked 13th in The Unit and managed to occupy the 7th place in Produce X 101. He then debuted with X1, but after the controversies of votes rigged on Produce X 101, X1 officially disbanded. In 2020, Hangyul debuted with his labelmates Nam Do-hyon as the duo H&D. Let’s take a look at the journey of Lee Hangyul. Check it out!
- Full Name: Lee Hangyul (이한결)
- Nickname: Gyeol-derella (a twist of Cinderella), Gyeol-bata, Mara-gyeol, Second Center
- Date of Birth: December 7th, 1999
- Birthplace: Namdong-gu, Incheon, South Korea
- Star Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: Korean
- Height: 176 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: 69 kg (152 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
- Religion: Catholicism (Baptist name: Michael)
- Agency: MBK Entertainment, Pocket Doll Studio
- Associated Acts: IM, The Unit, Produce X 101, X1, H&D
- Group Debut: September 1st, 2017 (with IM), August 27th, 2019 (with X1), March 26th, 2020 (with H&D)
- Years Active: 2017 – present
- MBTI: ESFP-A
- Specialties: Singing, Dancing, Acrobatics, Ball Spinning
- Charming Point: fine muscles of the body (small but cute 6-pack)
- Hangyul has 2 older brothers. The brothers are 15 and 16 years older than him.
- He was abandoned at birth and grew up in an orphanage. He was adopted at the age of seven.
- He attended Incheon Ivory Elementary School, Guwol Middle School, and Incheon High School.
- When he was in school, his friend revealed that he was howling with laughter, even though there was a situation where he could be angry enough, and that he was really silly and nice.
- He has a distinctive and insidious character. He has a distinctive tone of husky voice and has the advantage of being recognized at once.
- He was a participant of the idol reboot project show titled The Unit and ranked 13th.
- Regardless of age, he seems to be sociable. If you look into the self-cam at the time of the broadcast, you can see Hangyul talking with trainees who were not familiar at all. So, fans were wondering whether they became close even though they were not on the same team.
- Hangyul has a habit of being shy and denying after people compliment him.
- His hobbies are Taekwondo, bowling, basketball. He was training Taekwondo for eight years but ultimately stopped.
- According to the story of Kang Min-hee, a member of the same group (X1), he usually does laundry as a hobby and does it often.
- He was a backup dancer for T-ARA Jiyeon’s “Lullaby.” He was also a dancer for Shannon’s comeback stage “Hello.”
- Hangyul has said that he wants to work hard and succeed in paying back all those who have taken care of him so far.
Before joining The Unit, Lee Hangyul had already debuted as a member of the group IM on September 1st, 2017. His positions were the main dancer, vocalist, and visual of the group. IM (originally named IM66) is a South Korean group under YAMA & HOTCHICKS Entertainment. The group was meant to eventually be a 10-person group but it currently consists of four members: Kiseok, Hangyul, Taeeun, and Kijung.
In 2017, along with the members of the group, he participated in KBS2’s idol rebooting project show The Unit. He participated in the dance part of the position battle, but failed to reach the top spot because he couldn’t cross the wall of Bigflo’s Eui-jin. In the music release mission, his team (the yellow team) performed “ALL DAY.” Later in the choreography practice, he sprained his ankle during the dance practice and said that he has to be careful until the competition because his ligament is stretched.
Lee Hangyul succeeded in advancing to the final with all of the IM members, but failed to enter the debut group with the 13th place.
Check out the videos here:
Although he failed to secure a position to debut with UNB, he was featured in UNB’s “Black Heart” comeback promotions, along with Hwang Jungha, DIA’s Jueun, and S.I.S’s Anne. He was in charge of the entire intro and showed off his brilliant skills such as spinning and back tumbling, which was quite high.
Check out the videos here: