One of The Rising Stars You Need To Get To Know: Esom
Lee So-young, best known as Lee Som or Esom, is an actress and model from South Korea. Esom signed her contract with Artist Company in early 2017 and is now under the same roof as other famous actresses such as Go Ah-ra, Park So-dam, Lee El, and many others. She is well-known for her leading role in the 2014 film Scarlet Innocence, for which she was nominated for ‘Best New Actress’ in five different award ceremonies.
Esom’s Full Profile
Name: Esom (이솜)
Real Name: Lee So Young (이소영)
Profession: Model, Actress
Nationality: South Korean
Date of Birth: January 30 1990
Place of Birth: Gwanak-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Western Star Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Star Sign: Snake
Height: 175 cm
Blood Type: A
Education: Mirim Girls’ High School & Sejong University – Department of Film Arts
Agency: Artist Company
Esom’s Official Websites & Personal Links
- Official Agency Page: Lee Som
- Official Daum Profile: Esom
- Official Hancinema Profile: Esom
- Official Naver Cafe: esom0130
- Official Naver Profile: Lee Som
- Official Personal Instagram: @esom_
- Official Personal Twitter: @esom0130
Esom’s Trivia & Miscellaneous Facts
- She made her debut in 2008 on ‘Check It Girl’, an Mnet model selection program.
- Her name ‘Lee Som / Esom’ was created because she has a lot of hair like a dog known as ‘Som-Mung-Chi / 솜뭉치”.
- She was in a fashion magazine when she was in junior high school, and dreamed of becoming a fashion model. It was not until her late teens that she realized she wanted to be an actress.
- She’s always been tall, since she was a kid, and received many business cards from modeling agencies. But at that time, there were a lot of people that were cast at the school gates, so half of her classmates also received offers.
- In her early twenties she knew only work. Relationships with people were too difficult, and it was her biggest worry.
- Esom revealed that her mom cried with pity for her daughter when watching the film Scarlet Innocence. It seems that Esom’s mother was so convinced by her daughter’s acting that she couldn’t help but be emotionally invested in the movie.
- When she had just signed with her current agency, a spokesperson stated that she had been steadily building her own filmography as an actress with uninterrupted work activities and various attempts and challenges, and continues to receive adoring calls from the industry’s due to her unique and charming appearance.
- Her face is cat-like with high cheekbones.
- She admitted that she was grateful that she could take on a variety of characters because she has a unique face.
- She wants to take on the challenge of action or thriller movies in the future.
- She wants to be like the French actress Vanessa Paradis.
- She has collected her tickets from film screenings since she was in junior high school
- She is strict with herself, but she also loves herself.
- She wants to be a girl who has both great sensibility and is chic.
- Three things she doesn’t want to give up are drinking a cup of coffee every day, watching movies and chatting with friends.
- She values friendship the most and is a good listener.
- When she was said to be close to actor Kang Ha-neul, she responded that he is more like a friend.