Get Closer to Korean Actress, Jung Eun-chae
Jung Eun-chae is an actress who started her career as a model. However, she realized she would prefer to be an actress after she studied in England. Since then, she has chosen to pursue a career as an actress rather than a model.
Her acting debut was in Nobody’s Daughter Haewon. The film premiered at the 63rd Berlin International Film Festival and received much attention due to Jung Eun-Chae’s excellent acting. In addition to being an actress, Eun-Cae has singing talent. In 2013, she released an EP of indie songs with the title, Jung Eun-Chae. Let’s look at Jung Eun-chae’s full profile below!
Full Profile of Korean Actress Jung Eun-chae
Name : Jung Eun Chae
Real Name : Jung Sol Mi
Date of Birth : November 24, 1986
Age : 32 years old
Profession : Actress and Model
Height : 170 cm
Weight : 50 kg
Blood Type : N/A
Zodiac : Sagittarius
Religion : Protestant
Education : Central Saint Martins (London, England, United Kingdom)
Agency : IOK Company
Fun Facts about Jung Eun-chae :
- Her hobby is watching movies.
- She studied art, but wanted to become an actress.
- She won a lot of praise for her role in Nobody’s Daughter Haewon.
- She was nominated as Best New Actress at the KBS Drama Awards 2011 for The Women of Our Home.
- She won the Moët Rising Star Award at the 14th Jeonju International Film Festival.
- She was nominated for Best New Actress at the 49th Baeksang Arts Awards.
- She won the Best New Actress Award at the 33rd Korean Association of Film Critics Awards.
- She won the Best New Actress Award at the 5th KOFRA Film Awards.
- She won the Best New Actress Award at the 1st Wildflower Film Awards.
- She is the youngest of 1 male and 1 female.
4 Top List of Jung Eun-chae’s Movies
1. Play (2011)
Play is a film directed by Nam Da-Jung released on June 23, 2011 with a duration of 99 minutes. In this film, Jung Eun-Chae plays Eun-Chae. Besides herself, the movie stars Jung Joon-Il, Lim Hyun-Il, and Lee Hyun-Jae.
The movie tells about Joon-il going to hear Hyun-Il’s music at a cafe. Joon-Il then lets Hyun-Il hear his song. Afterwards, Joon-Il proposes that they start a band together. They recruit Hyun-Jae to play drums for their new band “Mate”, specializing in modern rock. The band makes music with emotional melodies and lyrics concerning their dreams, love, and youth. The three of them decide to perform on the street during a concert for renown indie band Swell Season. Their performance changes their fate forever.
2. Nobody’s Daughter Hae-Won (2013)
Nobody’s Daughter Hae-Won was a fairly popular movie in 2013. Because of this movie, Jung Eun-Chae became increasingly famous as an actress. The film is written and directed by Hong Sang-Soo and was released on February 28, 2013. In this film, Eun-Chae and Lee Sun-Kyun play the main role, and Eun-Chae plays Hae-Won.
The film tells about University student Hae-Won who wants to break up with Teacher Sung-joon. They have had a secret relationship.
Hae-Won meets her mother, played by Kim Ja-Ok, who is going to emigrate to Canada tomorrow. After meeting her mother, Hae-Won feels depressed, and decides to meet Sung-joon for the first time in a long while. On that day, Hae-Won and Sung-Joon happen to meet students at a restaurant who are in the same major, and their relationship becomes known to others. Hae-Won becomes more depressed. Sung-joon then suggests they runaway to somewhere else.