Kim Na-young is a South Korean singer. She originally debuted in 2012 but she gained popularity through social media exposure on New Year’s Eve 2015, when her single “What If It Was Going” topped Melon’s music charts. She has recorded several soundtracks, including “Once Again” for Descendants of the Sun.
- From The Heart (Release Date: October 18th, 2016)
- Inner (Release Date: November 15th, 2018)
Park Su-bin, better known as Subin or Dalsooobin, is a South Korean singer, songwriter and television host. She debuted in 2011 as a member of the South Korean girl group Dal Shabet. She released her first solo single in 2016. She debuted as a solo artist with the single album Flower on May 2016, featuring the tracks “Hate” and “Flower.” Both songs were written and produced by herself.
- Our Love (2016)
- Circle’s Dream (2017)
Im So-eun, better known as NC.A, is a South Korean singer. She debuted in August 2013 with “My Student Teacher.” She was last active as a member of the South Korean girl group Uni.T, until their disbandment in September 2018.
- Time to Be a Woman (Release Date: October 28th, 2016)
- Scent of NC.A (Release Date: April 9th, 2014)
- Some- (Release Date: May 10th, 2019)
Jung Min-joo, known professionally as Joo or Arin, is a South Korean singer and actress. In 2006, she became a contestant on JYP Entertainment’s Superstar Survival but did not win. After two years of training, Joo debuted as a solo artist with her single album Young Girl, in January 2008. Joo made her comeback in January 2011 by releasing the EP Heartmade.
- Heartmade (Release Date: January 3rd, 2011)
- 어린 여자 (Young Girl) (Release Date: January 10th, 2008)
The Fat Cat
Fat Cat, also known as Defconn Girl, is a South Korean singer. Fat Cat gained attention after appearing in the music video for rapper Defcon’s song “How Rappers Break Up Part 2.” Her debut single, “Indifferent Love,” was released on September 24th.
On September 25th, she debuted on SBS’ Inkigayo with “Indifferent Love” and impressed many viewers including choreographer Bae Sang-mi.
- 2011 “My Indifferent Love” (내사랑 싸가지)
- 2012 “Is Being Pretty Everything?” (예쁜게 다니)
- “It’s Like a Dream” (꿈만 같아요)
- 2013 “Tears Rain” (눈물비)
- Queen of Ambition OST, Part 4
- “Make Up”
Jessica Hyun-ju Ho, better known by her stage name Jessi, is a Korean-American rapper, singer, and songwriter based in South Korea. She moved to South Korea at the age of 14. In 2003, Jessi successfully auditioned for Doremi Media and moved to South Korea. She released her debut single album Get Up in 2005.
After a 5-year hiatus, Jessi returned as a member of the hip-hop trio Lucky J with rapper J’Kyun and vocalist J-Yo. Lucky J debuted with the digital single “Can You Hear Me” under YMC Entertainment in July 2014.
- Un2verse (Release Date: July 13th, 2017)
- Get Up (Release Date: December 1st, 2005)
- KILL BILL 2nd Live: Jessi (Release Date: February 22nd, 2019)
Park Ji Hye, better known as Zia, is a South Korean singer. Zia released her debut album Voice of Heaven in July 2007.
- Road Movie (로드무비)(Release Date: July 14th, 2008)
- Avancer (Release Date: September 30th, 2011)
- Voice of Heaven (Release Date: July 16th, 2007)
- Orchestra (Release Date: April 2nd, 2009)
- Atelier (Release Date: December 28th, 2009)
- Difference (Release Date: August 6th, 2010)
- Anemone (Release Date: December 10th, 2012)
- Falling In Fall (Release Date: October 6th, 2014)
Won Min-ji, better known as Anda, is a South Korean pop singer who debuted in 2012 by the stage name Andamiro with the dance single “Don’t Ask” featuring Yang Dong-geun. She gained attention with her unique style of music.
- Hypnotize (Release Date: September 20th, 2012)
- Do Worry Be Happy (with Primary) (Release Date: April 3rd, 2018)
Kriesha Tiu, better known by her stage name Kriesha Chu, is a Filipino singer based in South Korea. Kriesha is a finalist of K-Pop Star 6: The Last Chance. After K-Pop Star 6 ended, she released her first single album on May 24th, 2017.
On January 3rd, 2018, she released her first mini-album, Dream of Paradise, along with the title track “Like Paradise.” The lead single is composed by the harmony team of Pentagon’s Hui and Flow Blow. “Sunset Dream” is composed by Denis Seo, Sophia Pae, and her. She also contributed as a lyricist for both the Korean and English version.
- Dream of Paradise (Release Date: January 3rd, 2018)
- Kriesha Chu 1st Single Album (Release Date: May 24th, 2017)
Hong Jin-young is a South Korean trot singer. She originally debuted in 2007 as a member of the girl group SWAN but later she debuted as a solo artist with her first single “Love Battery,” on June 19th, 2009.
On August 6th, 2010, she returned with a new digital single “My Love.”
- Lots of Love (2019)
- Life Note (2014)
- The Most Beautiful Moment in Life (2016)
- “Love Battery” (2009)
- “My Love” (2010)
- “Boogie Man” (2013)
- “The Moon Represents My Heart” (2016)
- “Good Bye” (2018)
- “Seoul” (2018)
- “Love is…” (2019)
That was all the information about the Best Female Solo Artists in K-Pop. Please, don’t forget to kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below!