Details About Shin Young-jae
Hello, readers! In this article, Channel-Korea will bring you some information about the amazing Korean R&B singer, Shin Young-Jae.
If you already to listen to a lot of R&B, you’ll probably already know his name from being a member of the group 4MEN. Other people know him for his beautiful soundtracks for some K-dramas.
This article will tell you all about Shin Young-jae, from his facts to his latest news. So, without any further ado, let’s take a look.
Full Profile and Facts
Shin Young-jae is a South Korean singer. He was born in Geumcheon-gu, Seoul, South Korea, on November 1, 1989. His height is 176 cm and his weight is 72 kg. Shin Young-jae’s sign is Scorpio.
He has a round face and fair skin. His hair color is a regular brown and his hair type is straight. His eyes have a similar color to his hair. Shin Young-jae has a cool, friendly look that make people around him feel comfortable.
The performer owns an apartment in Seoul, South Korea. Until this day, Shin Young-jae is currently isingle. His favorite color is black.
Debut as Member of 4MEN
4MEN is an R&B group that was formed in 1998 and is still active even now. Despite the name, the group only has two members, Shin Young-jae and Kim Won-joo.
Under the label MAJOR9, Shin Young-jae debuted as a 4MEN member with his two friends, Kim Young-jae and Kim Won-joo, in 2008 after all the original members of 1998’s 4MEN (Yoon Min-soo, Jeong Se-young, Han Hyeon-hee, Lee Jeong-ho, and J-1) withdrew from the group.
After Kim Young-jae’s withdrawal from the group in 2014, 4MEN continued promoting as the duo of Shin Young-jae and Kim Won-joo.
Career as Soloist
Besides his career as part of 4MEN’s, Shin Young-jae does solo work, too. He’s become famous for his good and beautiful songs which have been used as original soundtracks in many Korean dramas.
Is Shin Young-jae Ignored by SM Entertainment?
In 2013, Shin Young-jae confessed he was getting ignored by SM Entertainment, especially by Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon.
According to allkpop.com, 4MEN appeared as a featured guest on the February 1st episode of ‘Yoo Hee-yeol’s Sketchbook’, because 4MEN had just released a new album at the time. During the interview, Shin Young-jae’s self-composed song is mentioned by Yoo Hee-yeol, that it was revealed on a past episode. It was a song called ‘1 Day’ , where Shin Young-jae came out as a soloist. And he mentioned that he wanted to sing a song with Taeyeon, as a duet.
Shin Young-jae said, “Taeyeon said she saw that episode. She texted me saying that the song was so good, and that she wanted to sing it with me if she had the chance. I was surprised. I was so happy. I then sent the song to SM Entertainment. It’s been 3 months since I sent it in. I guess they haven’t heard it yet.”
That confession mades the audience laugh.
Then Yoo Hee-yeol comforted him. He said that SM Entertainment had their own system, again causing the audience to laugh.
In 2017, however, Shin Young-jae got the duet with FX’s Luna in ‘SM STATION’. It wasn’t with Taeyeon, but we’re glad that SM Entertainment didn’t really ignore him.
This discography is according to dramawiki.com and online results.
- Always Okay – Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim OST (2017)
- In the Middle of the World – Six Flying Dragons OST (2016)
- That Person (Duet Ver.) with LYn – Oh My Venus OST (2015)
- I See You – I Remember You OST (2015)
- Love You, Erase You, Cry Again – 3 Days OST (2014)
- Thorn Love with 4MEN – Empress Ki OST (2013)
- I Love You, I Love You, I Love You with 4MEN – Empire of Gold OST (2013)
- Only You with 4MEN – Gu Family Book OST (2013)
- Ordinary Love – All About My Romance OST (2013)
- Because My Steps Are Slow – Faith OST (2012)
- I Couldn’t Do It with 4MEN – Bridal Mask OST (2012)
- Dok Go Die – President OST (2010)
- Reason – Secret Garden OST (2010)
- Here I Am with MIIII – Secret Garden OST (2010)
- Confession with 4MEN and Ben – Bad Guy OST (2010)
- Don’t Laugh, Don’t Cry with 4MEN and Jang Hye Jin – Bad Guy OST (2010)
- Love Is with 4MEN – Oh! My Lady OST (2010)
- I Will Meet You with 4MEN – Family’s Honor OST (2009)
- You Alone is Enough with 4MEN – Family’s Honor OST (2008)
- Is It Okay to Love? with 4MEN – Family’s Honor OST (2008)
- Waiting for Love with 4MEN – Family’s Honor OST (2008)
On April 1, 2019, 4MEN released a new music video, called ‘What Are You Doing’, and on April 2, 2019, they released another new video, called ‘Hello It’s Me’.
That was all the information about 4MEN’s Shin Young-Jae we could gather for you. Don’t forget to keep supporting Shin Young-jae and 4MEN. You can leave any thoughts or comments down below!