Who Is Lee Chang-min?
Lee Chang-min, or famously known as Changmin, achieved his popularity as a 2AM member! He is also known for his amazing vocal talent, being successful as a K-Pop idol as well as a solo singer. In this article, Channel Korea will get you up close and personal with Changmin. So, stay tuned and keep scrolling down!
Lee Chang-min (이창민) was born on May 1st, 1986, in Busan, South Korea. Currently, he’s 34 years old (international age), or 35 years old (Korean age). He has 179 cm of height and 72 kg of weight, and his blood type is A. He is known as a South Korean singer and member of the popular boy band 2AM. Changmin was in charge of the position main vocalist and rapper in the group. As far as his education is concerned, he attended Gaepo Elementary School. Changmin also went to Dong-ah Institute of Media and Arts.
Aside from being known as a singer, Changmin has also made several appearances in TV shows. He used to be the host of the cooking TV show Food Essay (2011), then appeared in musical project La Cage (2012), The Three Musketeers (2013), and Friends (2013). Changmin has been active in the entertainment industry from 2008 until the present day; he has been a part of JYP Entertainment and Big Hit Entertainment as well. He is also associated with the groups 2AM and Homme.
Here are several interesting facts about Changmin!
– Changmin’s nicknames are Pidol and Mongmin
– He is fluent in English, which is because he was raised in Canada
– Changmin finished his military service before his debut in 2008
– He was the oldest member of 2AM
– Before his debut, he used to be overweight and had several moles on his face
– Changmin loves to sing Trot songs
– His ideal type is someone with a kind personality, but not the innocent type
– In 2015, Changmin left JYP Entertainment and moved to Big Hit Entertainment
– After his departure from Big Hit Entertainment in 2018, Changmin established his own agency and named it The Bsky
– He has an Instagram account under the name @p.f.changmin
– He was only a trainee for three months in JYP Entertainment, then due to his amazing vocal skills, the agency added him to 2AM
– When he sings, he has an amazing vibrato voice
Changmin’s 2AM Era
Changmin’s era in 2AM is considered by many to be one of the most precious times. As he was the oldest member of the group, he appeared with a mature image and always took care of the other members, just like their leader Jo Kwon. During the debut of 2AM, Changmin also got a lot of attention for his strong charisma, as well as his perfect abs.
Watch one of Changmin’s performances with 2AM, here:
Here’s the full individual discography of Changmin:
|The Bright Sky||
|2008||Superman (feat. Mario)||Non-album single|
|2009||Graduation (with Jo Kwon)||Non-album single|
|2011||Please Don’t Go (with San E & Outsider)||Non-album single|
|2013||Meet, Taste, Right?!||Kimpira Project Part 1|
|2014||The Very Last First (with Melody Day)||Non-album single|
|2019||Talking is Easy||Non-album single|
|2009||Don’t Swallow||A Dream Comes True OST|
|2011||Can’t I Love You||Dream High OST|
|2012||Road of Tears||Dr. Jin OST|
|2013||I Only See One Person||You’re The Best, Lee Soo-shin OST|
|2013||Moment||The Heirs OST|
|2014||Saying I Love You||Hotel King OST|
|2014||Hope||Jang Bo-ri is Here! OST|
|2015||Mirage||Super Daddy Yeol OST|
|2016||That Light Trails||Musical Turnadot OST|
|2016||Only I Can||Musical Turnadot OST|
|2016||My Name That Cannot Be Sung||Musical Turnadot OST|
|2018||Stand By Me||Just Between Lovers OST|